My conversation with Anne DeButte on the Let’s Talk about Grief Podcast
The Let’s Talk About Grief Podcast is a series of conversation starters for dealing with dying, death, and grief, part therapy and part storytelling in disguise. In this episode Anne and I covered a lot of ground.
Here’s what we talk about:
- Having a relatively positive “outlier experience” as a widow and stepping up for those who aren’t getting enough support
- The need for communities to step up for grievers. Consistently be there for them!
- How do you do “perfect” grieving? Grief isn’t just sadness, crying, and depression.
- Ways to properly support the person you’re trying to help. Listening to them is vital
- What does “cognitive grieving” mean? What are the other kinds of grieving?
If you liked this episode, here are some things you can do:
- If you like the podcast you can subscribe on your preferred listening service.
- Share this episode with folks who would find it meaningful (If you share it on social tag Aly (@thealybird) & Anne (@reconnectfromgrief) so we can see it!
- Go grab a copy of Grief Ally so you can learn more about how to be one!